Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using our website.
What’s in these terms
These terms tell you the rules for using our website yuparfums.com (our site). yuparfums.com is a site operated by Yú Parfums Ltd (‘We’ or ‘Yú Parfums’). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11311898 and our registered office is at Per Scent Ltd, Churchill Point, Lake Edge Green, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1BL. Our VAT registered number is 309-0278-16.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our site you accept these terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you:
If you purchase goods from our site, our below terms and conditions of sale will apply to the sales:
We may make changes to these terms
- We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our goods, our users' needs and our business priorities.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site:
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site:
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you as a consumer:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of sale.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information:
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Yú Parfums Terms and Conditions of Sale
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply goods to you, whether these goods are products or services.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the goods to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Yú Parfums Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales, under company registration number 11311898 with our registered office at Per Scent Ltd, Churchill Point, Lake Edge Green, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1BL.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on +44 (0) 161 468 7835 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 'Writing' includes emails. When we use the words 'writing' or 'written' in these terms, this includes email but not fax.
- “Working day” means Monday to Friday on any day which is not a bank or public holiday in the UK.
Our contract with you
- The prices payable for our products and/or subscription service (“goods”) that you order are as set out in our website. You will be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Our delivery charges are set out on our website.
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order and formation of a binding contract occurs when we email you to accept it and confirm your order number. If we choose to end this contract, we will notify you in writing as soon as possible and refund any transactions within 7 working days.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the goods. This might be because the products are out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the goods or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our goods in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and the actual item may vary in colour, design and size. The packaging of the goods may vary from that shown in images on our website.
Subscription Service (Subscription Box)
- How does it work. In month 1, we send you a subscription box containing three perfumes, an atomiser and scent sticks and subsequently we will send you further subscription boxes periodically, depending on the subscription option you have chosen.
- Subscription duration and cancellation. Yú Parfums offers the following subscription options:
- Bi-monthly subscription
- Semi-annual subscription
- Annual subscription
- You can cancel your subscription up to 7 days before it is due to expire or renew by contacting our Customer Services team on 0161 468 7835 or by emailing email@example.com stating your order number, email address and full name.
- Please note that unless you cancel your subscription within 14 days from the date you receive your first subscription box, you will be tied into the contract for the remaining subscription period of the subscription option chosen.
- The bi-monthly subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled by you in accordance with your statutory rights or as detailed above.
- Where you order semi-annual or annual subscription, you are committing to the entire subscription duration. Therefore, unless your cancellation request is in accordance with your statutory rights, you will be required to pay for the full subscription duration even if you ask to cancel before.
Our rights to make changes
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any change will be notified on our website.
- We may make minor changes to the goods if it is necessary to comply with laws and regulations or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
Your rights to make changes
- If you wish to make a change to the goods you have ordered please contact us before the order is dispatched. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the goods, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract.
- We undertake all reasonable care to ensure that all the details, prices and descriptions of website goods are accurate at the time when the appropriate information was entered onto our system (E&OE).
- Whilst we endeavour to keep the website as up-to-date and accurate as is possible, there may be rare occasions when the information on the website (including descriptions, stock and pricing) at a certain time may not reflect the position exactly at the point an order is placed.
Temporarily Out of Stock Items
- We update our web site regularly with stock that we have available however, if you order an item and it is out of stock (may be due to unprecedented demand) then we will refund you the amount for the item and any associated services such as delivery or gift wrapping.
- If you order multiple items and some items are temporarily out of stock (may be due to unprecedented demand) then we will send you the items that are currently in stock and refund you the amount for the items not currently in stock.
- Delivery costs. These are clearly listed on our Delivery page and at the checkout (before your order is completed).
- We currently deliver to UK addresses. If you would like to find out more information on our delivery times/cut-off times, charges and destinations please visit our Delivery page.
- During periods of severe weather conditions (e.g. floods, gales and snow) all of our delivery methods may take longer than expected. In these circumstances, we aim to keep our customers abreast of the situation and will amend our delivery estimates accordingly if possible. However, we advise all of our customers to plan their orders with plenty of time, especially when forces beyond our control come in to play. If our supply of the goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any goods you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the goods are delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the goods cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the goods from a local depot. Goods that are returned to us will incur a further delivery charge.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery we may end the contract.
- Accuracy of delivery details. Please ensure that the delivery address you enter is correct as we will not be liable for failed delivery due to inaccurate information provided by you.
Your statutory right to cancel
- Exercising your right to cancel (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most goods bought online you also have a legal right to cancel your order within 14 days of delivery of the products or first subscription box and receive a refund.
- When you don't have the right to cancel. You do not have a right to cancel in respect of any sealed goods once they have been unsealed.
- To cancel your order, please send an email stating that you wish to exercise your statutory right to cancel, including your full name, address, and order number. Your item must be re-packaged securely and sent to us within 14 days of the date you notified us of your intention to cancel.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us, unless we delivered items to you in error or the item is faulty. If you do not return the item within 14 days, we may either withhold the refund or arrange for collection of the item from you at your cost.
- We reserve the right to deduct monies from refunds where the goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value.
- Section 11 (Refunds) sets out details of how and when refunds will be made.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of returning the goods:
(a) if the goods are faulty or misdescribed; or
(b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the goods or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of returning the goods:
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to cancel) you must pay the costs of returning the goods.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return, and we are collecting the goods from you, we will charge for collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for Next Day delivery service, see our Delivery page for details.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the goods, including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to cancel. If you are exercising your right to cancel:
(a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
(b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer a premium delivery service at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your statutory right to cancel then:
(a) If we have not offered to collect the goods, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the goods back from you.
(b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of you telling us you have changed your mind if earlier.
- If an item fails to arrive with you after being dispatched by ourselves we have to wait for a period of 15 working days (10 working days for next day delivered items) from the date of dispatch before we can offer a refund or redelivery of that item. This is due to the fact our couriers will not consider an item lost until this point, so it is still likely that the item will still arrive.
- If the item doesn’t arrive within this period, we will ask you to sign and return a form confirming that you have not received your order before we process a refund or a re-delivery.
- Please note that any non-delivered items must be reported to us in writing or email within 10 days of dispatch. Any issue reported to us outside of this time period will not be able to be refunded or replaced.
Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the goods. The price of the goods (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the goods advised to you is correct. However please see clause 7.1 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the goods you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the goods, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the goods in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the price of the goods at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the price of the goods at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mis-pricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with VISA, Maestro, Master Card, American Express, GooglePay, ShopPay, PayPal and Klarna which:
(a) for products, you must pay for before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the goods to you.
(b) for subscription services, you must pay for the subscription box service before we dispatch to you. We will process a successful payment and thereafter despatch your subscription box to you.
- Subscription charges. The subscription services will be charged by an initial charge followed by an ongoing recurring periodic charge where the subscription is bi-monthly. Where the subscription ordered bi-monthly, by placing the order you agree to the initial and recurring payments without further authorisation. Where the subscription is semi-annual and annual, you agree to one upfront payment for the full amount. The semi-annual and annual service will not auto renew.
How we may use your personal information
Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms except as explained in clause 15.1. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the goods, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. This contract is governed by English law and each party irrevocable agreed to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.