We may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes in our legitimate interests or in the legitimate interests of third parties:
- Administering, running and improving our website, apps, and business, including personalising our website experience for you. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of better understanding our other customers’ and potential customers’ preferences and tailoring our website, products and services to their needs and preferences.
- Communicating directly with you in relation to updates to the website, your purchase(s) of our products or services, and in response to enquiries we receive from you. This will be necessary either to update you from time to time about changes to our website, to perform a contract which we have entered into with you (or to take steps, at your request, to enter into a contract with you) or for our legitimate interest of satisfying and confirming your requirements in order to provide you with our products or services and to answer questions we receive from you.
- Protecting our business and our business interests, including for the purposes of credit and background checks, fraud prevention and debt recovery. This is necessary for our legitimate interests of preventing criminal activity such as fraud or money laundering, for ensuring that our website and services are not misused and protecting our business. We will only carry out such checks to the extent that we are permitted or authorised by law to do so.
- Displaying advertisements to you and analysing the information we receive in relation to those advertisements. This is necessary for our own and for third parties’ legitimate interests of direct marketing and advertising our and their respective products and services.
- Providing you with offers relating to our products and services which relate to products and services you purchased from us or were in negotiations to purchase from us (provided that you did not opt out from receiving such communications either at the time or subsequently). This is necessary for our legitimate interest of direct marketing and advertising our products and services.
- Communicating with our business advisors and legal representatives. This is necessary for our legitimate interests of obtaining legal or professional business advice, and we will only share your personal information where it is necessary to do so, to the minimum extent necessary and on an anonymised basis wherever possible.
- Sharing your personal information with third parties which are either related to or associated with us (including to third parties within our corporate group from time to time) such as our business partners, service review providers, affiliates, associates, suppliers, independent contractors, delivery agents, email providers and IT service providers. This will be necessary either to perform a contract which we have entered into with you (or to take steps, at your request, to enter into a contract with you), for our legitimate interest of market research, for our legitimate interest of running and managing our business effectively, for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or for our own direct marketing purposes. Where we share your personal information, we will do so strictly on a need-to-know basis, subject to appropriate confidentiality restrictions, on an anonymised basis as far as possible and only to the extent strictly necessary for any of these purposes.
- Enforcing our legal rights. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of protecting our business and enforcing our contractual and other legal rights.
- Ensuring physical, network and information security and integrity. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of ensuring that our IT systems and networks are secure and uncompromised, including, for example, preventing malware, viruses, bugs or other harmful code, preventing unauthorised access to our systems, and any form of attack on, or damage to, our IT systems and networks.
- In connection with disclosure requests and in the case of a business or share sale or sale or purchase of a business and/or assets, whether actual or potential. This is necessary for our legitimate interests of selling and/or ensuring and promoting the success of our business.
- Providing statistical information to third parties such as Google Analytics. This is necessary for our and third parties’ legitimate interests of processing personal information for research purposes, including market research, better understanding our respective customers, and tailoring our respective products and services to their needs.
- Indicating possible criminal acts or threats to public security to a competent authority. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of promoting the success of our business, preventing crime, for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, in the general public interest or for the legitimate interests of governmental bodies and competent authorities that prevent crime.
- In connection with any legal or potential legal dispute or proceedings. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of promoting and ensuring the success of our business, resolving disputes and making such disclosures as are required by law or which we consider, acting reasonably, are required by law.
We may also collect or process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Entering into and performing a contract with you. Where you wish to purchase products or services from us, we require, for online and certain other transactions, such as but not limited to subscribing in-store to a contract requiring recurring delivery, your personal information in order to enter into and perform a contract with you. If you do not provide your personal information to us when it is required for such a purpose, we will not be able to enter into or perform a contract with you or to provide you with the products or services you have requested. We may also postpone or cancel any orders you place and enforce our legal rights against you (for example, where we have incurred costs or expenses in preparing or fulfilling any orders placed by you but are unable to deliver the order due to your failure to provide the necessary personal information).
- Complying with laws, regulations and other legal requirements. We may need to use and process your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, we may require your personal information pursuant to a statutory obligation to conduct anti-money-laundering checks or to disclose your information to a court following receipt of a court order or subpoena. We may also need your personal information to comply with ongoing legal obligations, such as tax laws and regulations to which we are subject.
We may process your personal information for the following purpose(s) where we have obtained your consent to do so:
- To provide you with offers relating to goods and services we offer from time to time and those of selected third parties.
- To provide you with news and information on our activities and outlets where our products can be purchased via a newsletter, email, SMS or other such communication.
- Transferring your personal information to third parties (including to third parties within our corporate group from time to time) for their marketing purposes or for the purposes of marketing their own goods and services such as our business partners, affiliates, associates, suppliers, independent contractors, list providers and joint venture partners.
Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Yú Parfums, Churchill Point Lake Edge Green, Trafford Park Road, Manchester M17 1BL.